Without your generous donations, The Bella Project could not make the dreams of our “bellas” come true. As you clean out your closets, please remember what your dress could mean to the high school woman who receives it. We are eternally grateful for all of our donors!
The Bella Project serves young women between the ages of 14 and 18, and we strive to ensure that all donations received are appropriate for their age and style, as well as in EXCELLENT condition. We want each woman to feel like the “bella of the ball”. Please help us to help them by following our donation guidelines.
DRESSES AND ACCESSORIES
The Bella Project accepts new or virtually new formal dresses, including prom, cocktail or bridesmaid dresses, in all fabrics, sizes and colors. Accessories include formal purses, fancy jewelry and wraps. Dresses and accessories must be clean and stylish and in accordance with our donation guidelines.
In order to accommodate space and storage restrictions, we will not accept wedding gowns or casual clothing. Any donations not appropriate for prom will be donated or sold to other organizations. If the donations are sold, the proceeds will be used to support operations of The Bella Project.
MAKEUP AND SKINCARE
The Bella Project provides its “bellas” with the opportunity to receive makeup and skincare products that will complete the prom outfit of their dreams. Due to health and safety reasons, makeup and skincare products must be unused. We will accept all types and colors of makeup, including foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, powder and lipstick, as well as makeup brushes or nail polish. Skincare products could include items such as body wash, lotions and perfume.
No formal outfit is complete without the perfect shoes to compliment the dress. The Bella Project accepts new or virtually new formal shoes in all sizes, styles and colors. Shoes should be clean and stylish and in accordance with our donation guidelines.
The Bella Project will host dress drives in the community throughout the year. For updated information regarding opportunities to donate to The Bella Project, please visit www.facebook.com/thebellaproject.
The Bella Project partners with generous businesses in the community that sponsor drop-off locations. We are looking for more drop-off locations. Please e-mail email@example.com if your business would like to partner with us!)
- Tea at 1024, 1024 Nuuanu Ave, Honolulu, HI
- Central Union Church, 1660 S. Beretania Street, Honolulu, HI (go to the Administration office)
The Bella Project created the following donation guidelines to ensure we provide the best products possible to our bellas:
- Dresses must be formal dresses, including prom, cocktail or bridesmaid dresses (i.e. no casual attire)
- Dresses and shoes must be in good condition (i.e. no stains, not in need of repair, etc.)
- Accessories must be clean and in good condition
- Makeup and skincare products must not be opened/used
At this time, The Bella Project does not take donations for men’s clothing or tuxedos. Contact Peter’s Prom: https://www.facebook.com/Peters-Prom-HI-629039387199798/
Thank you for your understanding, and once again, thank you for donating to The Bella Project and helping to make dreams come true!
The Bella Project accept cash donations as well. You may donate through the paypal link here:
For other forms of donations, please contact a board member.
- $10,000 – Diamond level – Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- $5,000 – Platinum level – Booz Allen Hamilton
- $2,000-$2,500 – Gold level – Ameriprise Financial, Hawaii Sheetmetal Workers, Jhamandas Watumull Fund, MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) Foundation, Roberto Cavalli (Art Fashion Corporation), Valerie Schmidt, ‘The Wallace, Elizabeth, and Isabella Wong Family Foundation’
- $1,000 – Silver level – Hawaii USA FCU Foundation, The Junior League of Honolulu, Beta Beta Gamma Foundation, West Honolulu Rotary Club, Soroptimist International of Honolulu, Kiwanis Executive Club of Honolulu, Hu’i O Laulima, Elite Parking Foundation, Pacific Risk Solutions, LLC
- $500 – $999 – Bronze level – Darin & Charise Shigeta
- Under $500 – Friends of Bella
Our Federal Identification Number is: 90-0963152
CONTRIBUTE WHILE YOU SHOP
Last, but not least, you can also contribute when you shop at Amazon.com through their Amazon Smile Program. For every eligible purchase on Amazon Smile, the Bella Project will receive a portion of the cost from Amazon.com. Click on the banner below to participate!